Friday, February 22, 2013

A powerful ahnvee


Waking with a powerful ahnvee, I longed to get outdoors. A wet grey winter has been well underway and I knew exactly how I wanted to spend this day. A bright blue sky with a bit of a breeze quickened my senses so I set them at ease. A walk was in order, it was the least I could do. A short drive later Magnolia Ridge came into view.

My adventure today took me to an antebellum home on Bayou Courtableau. Sixty acres  still remain. The present owners graciously paved 3 miles of paths  and the grounds  have been open to the public for several years. I've been meaning to visit but somehow things always seem to get in the way. Upon my arrival I found a bold yellow sign: AS OF MARCH 1 MAGNOLIA RIDGE WILL BE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC.

                                   

Thankfulness overflowed, I had made it just in time. I stepped onto the red brick walk, my companion was amiable but there was no need to talk. Most of the trees were quiet and bare except for the magnolias, they called with a shout. Their dark leathery leaves sturdy and stout.  The azaleas were blushing rose and pink , grassy meadows and  ever so slight hills made the experience complete. Cresting the grade I gave my attention to an old gnarled tree and there on its side a big knot smiled back at me.  The chocolate brown bayou moved swiftly downstream, a reminder that all ends like a dream. Lifting my gaze I offered a salutation to the sun and headed on over to where I'd begun.




After an hour of pleasure I ran right into pain. The duality of reality, happy to have been yet sad to never be able to come again. Alas another excursion here is not meant to be. Yet I am grateful, I woke up and listened to me. 


Om shanti, shanti, shanti. 

KH

No comments:

Post a Comment